Kick off the Ohio Games weekend with this run/walk event. Qualify to the State Games of America, run a personal best, or just enjoy this scenic trail run. Walkers and athletes of all abilities welcome. Celebrate after with a full meal to include City BBQ, Graeter’s Ice Cream, drinks, music, finisher medals, and more! The Ohio Games is an amateur sports festival promoting health, fitness and character building through multi-sports competitions and physical activities.
Saturday, June 1, 2019, at Alum Creek Park North in Westerville
Timed Races: 1-Mile, 5K, 10K & Beast 3-Race Challenge to Run all 3 races (10.3 Miles)
Registration, Start, Finish & Post Race
221 W. Main St., Westerville, OH 43081. Directions Here!
Post-Race Party with City BBQ, Graeter’s Ice Cream, Music & Fun!
Swag You Get w/ Registration
- Performance tee in kids & adult sizes w/men & women’s cut (optional tank top or sleeveless style)*
- Commemorative finisher medal for the first 300 registered*
- Post-Race Party with a meal from City BBQ and Graeter’s Ice Cream, plus drinks
*Those registering for the low-cost race option do not receive event timing, an event tee, and finisher medal. Everyone receives the post-race food and drinks.
Early packet pick up Thursday, May 31
May 31, 6-8 p.m.
Road Runner Sports
535 Lakeview Plaza Blvd.
Worthington, OH 43085
Anyone, from any state can run in this race!
We welcome all ages and abilities to our event. You can walk, jog or race the event.
Any athlete, from any state or country can compete in any Ohio Games sports and events.
Only Ohio residents can become an Ohio Games State Champion and qualify for the
State Games of America. This means only athletes from Ohio will be eligible for our race awards.
See below for more details.
Timed Races Offered: 1-Mile, 5K, 10K & Beast 3-Race Challenge to Run all 3 Races (10.3 Miles)
1-Mile Course Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1767809024
5K Course Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1351553833
10K Course Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1351566235
Race Course Turn-by-Turn Directions
All courses are out and back on the Alum Creek Multi Use Trail. All races begin and end on Alum Creek Drive. Runners proceed North on Alum Creek Drive. Turn LEFT on the path at W. Main Street running West. Then turn LEFT over the bridge to continue South on the Alum Creek Multi Use Trail. The 1-mile turns around at 0.5-mile mark & returns to finish by running North, East, then South on the trail. The 5K turns around at 1.55-mile mark & returns to finish by running North, East, then South on the trail. The 10K turns around at 3.1-mile mark & returns to finish by running North, East, then South on the trail.
- There will be 3 aid stations on course with water, HEED and gels. These will be at the 1-mile, 2-mile and 3.1-mile turnaround.
Parking in downtown Westerville is somewhat limited so we recommend arriving early. You will have to find street parking, an open parking lot or room in one of the local neighborhoods nearby.
Strollers Welcome, Pets are Not
Strollers are welcome on course, but our insurance does not allow furry friends to attend. Sorry.
- 4:00-5:45 p.m.: Registration and Packet Pickup at Alum Creek Park North
- 6:00 p.m.: 1-mile start
- 6:20 p.m.: 5K start
- 7:00 p.m.: 10K start
- 8:30 p.m.: Timing ends, all runners have completed the course
- Men’s cut, women’s cut & kids sizing
- Shirts will be short sleeve performance tees; you have an option for a tank top or short sleeve tee as well
- To be guaranteed a race tee, you must register at least 2 weeks before the race date.
Awards for Ohio Residents
- First, Second and Third Male and Female in the following categories are Ohio Games State Champions and are eligible to represent Ohio in the State Games of America!
- NOTE: If you are running the Beast, you will be given awards for your combined finish in all 3 races. Beast runners will be taken out of open 1-mile, 5k and 10k results for the purposes of awards. Runners from other states may compete but are not eligible for the above awards.?
- 1-Mile Awards to Ages 0-6; 7-10; 11-14; 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69 & 70+
- 5k Awards to Ages 0-10; 11-14; 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69 & 70+
- 10k Awards to Ages 0-14; 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69 & 70+
- Beast Awards to Ages 0-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69 & 70+
The Beast 3-Race Challenge & Super Beast Prize
- The Beast 3-Race Challenge is only for the strongest, bravest, and most daring athletes among us! To complete the Beast you must finish all 3 races (1-mile, 5k & 10k) in one day, inside the designated times. Time Cut Offs for the Beast: You must finish each race inside these max time: 1-mile = 20 minutes; 5K = 40 minutes; 10K = 90 minutes
- Complete the Beast and Get a Beast Finisher Medal (First 100 Registered for this Challenge)!
- If you compete in 3 Beast race events, you will receive a Super Beast Hoodie.
Professional Photography & FREE Photo Booth
We will have a professional photographer out on course to take your pictures while you race. Then after your race you can pose with your friends, family and team at our FREE photo booth. We will post all pictures on Facebook after the race for you to like, tag and share!
Please contact Zoom Multisport Racing for additional accommodations or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-572-5018